October 13, 2018 ~ The 39th Forum for Behavioral Science in Family Medicine
This year's theme is: Embracing and Advancing the Value of Teams in Family Medicine
To view the conference Schedule with Room Assignments see "Additional Information" near the bottom of page
Physicians, behavioral scientists/coordinators and allied health professionals in medical education.
- After attending sessions and workshops which describe effective teaching strategies and educational interventions, attendees will be able to plan, provide and/or evaluate effective educational interventions for behavioral science training in graduate medical education settings and for clinical practice for primary care settings.
- By attending clinical practice updates and other sessions focused on common psychiatric and health problems seen in primary care, attendee will be able to apply up to date evidence-based research to support clinical interventions in their clinical settings.
- After attending sessions focused on the nature of teams in medical care and medical education, attendees will be able to identify opportunities to improve the functioning of teams in their clinical and educational environments and will identify stratgies to improve communication, cooperation, improve wellbeiong, safety, and quality of care.
A block of rooms is reserved for registrants until September 18, 2018 at a special rate of $215 plus tax, per night. If conference attendance exceeds expectations, rooms in the conference block may be sold out prior to this date. Please make your reservations early.
You may call the hotel directly from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Mon-Fri at (312) 787-6100 to make reservations, or call central reservations, 24 hours, 7 days a week, at 1 (800) 222-8733. Please mention either the group code, or group name below in order to receive our rate.
Group Code: FBS
Group Name: The 39th Forum of Behavioral Science in Family Medicine
Debra Moorhead, PhD; Carolyn Minor, LCSW; Terri Wall, PhD; Sonya Dominguez, MD; Lizzette Rogue, PsyD; Lindsay Fazio, PhD; Miranda Huffman, MD; Heidi Musgrave, PhD; Robert Wilkins, MD; Lynn Wilson, DO; Nyann Biery, MS; Mary Talen, PhD; Angele McGrady, PhD; Julie Brennan, PhD; Annie Waniger, M2; David Nelson, PhD; Alexander Macdonald, PhD, LCSW; Mark Dixon, PhD, LCSW; Jo Weis, PhD; Patricia McGuire, MD; Sandra Sauereisen, MD; Jiayun Lu, MD; Marianne Koenig, PharmD; James, Mercuri, LCSW; Amber (Hewitt) Cahill, PsyD; Jennifer Ayres, PhD; Lindsay Fazio, PhD; Mark Drexler, MD; Amy Odom, DO; Amy Romain, LMSW, ACSW; Sara Lampert, BA
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose; with the exception of:
|Name||Company||Role with Company|
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 3.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.
Illinois Social Worker Accreditation:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is registered with the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation as a Continuing Education Sponsor for social workers (License No. 159-000664).
Family Practice Physicians:
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
- 3.00 AAFPAAFP credit.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 3.00 APAAPA credit.
- 3.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Register by September 10, 2018 and receive early bird pricing
Physician, Psychologist, Social Worker, Allied Health Care Professional:
Full Course Registration on or before 9/10/18 = $280
Full Course Registration 9/11/18 - 10/10/18 $295
Resident, Medical Student, Graduate Student, or Fellow:
Full Course Registration on or before 9/10/18 = $175
Full Course Registration 9/11/18 - 10/10/18 $195
Registration fee includes course materials, breakfast, lunch, refreshments and continuing education credits.
Please note! The billing address entered upon checkout must match the billing address on the credit card you will be using to pay for this course. MCW accepts MasterCard, VISA and Discover.
A $17 non-refundable processing fee is assessed on all registrations.
Refund Policy: If unable to attend, 50% of the fee paid will be refunded if written notification is postmarked by 9/10/18. There will be no refunds after this date.