Institutional Review Board 2014
The overall goal of this program is to increase awareness and promote the oversight and conduct of safe, compliant and ethical human subject research. This educational opportunity for IRB Members is designed to provide standardized information reflecting the regulatory, institutional and ethical considerations necessary in the review and oversight of human subject research.
By participating in this program, participants will:
- Learn how to recognize and assess risks associated with a human subject research project.
- Evaluate the foreseeable risks associated with a human subject research project and assess risk-benefit ratio.
- Work with investigators in a collaborative fashion to identify and minimize risk associate with human research projects.
1. Annual Corporate Compliance review of the MCW/FH IRB committee meeting activities
2. AAHRPP accreditation
3. Annual survey of human research professionals and IRB committee members
4. Summary of evaluations, including education requests, from the Human Research Professional Monthly Meeting and Orientation Series Modules
5. Human Research Protections Program's Quality Improvement annual report of routine review findings
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activityfor a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 2.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.