Adolescent Reproductive Health Care Conference (Weston, WI) - June 25, 2014
Pediatricians in our state have a unique challenge of balancing the reproductive health needs of their patients and their patients’ baseline sexual health knowledge level. The teens may not be getting the information anyplace else, and the pediatricians need to have the most up-to-date knowledge as well as the confidence to discuss reproductive health with their patients and families.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation of Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Family Practice Physicians
- Physicians Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Increase knowledge and awareness regarding risk behaviors and reproductive health statistics of the youth in my area.
- Describe the important role I can play in improving adolescent sexual health and decreasing teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections rates in my community by providing reproductive health counseling and care in my practice.
- Identify and list the reproductive health options for adolescent patients.
- Increase confidence in my ability to incorporate counseling and provide recommended sexual health care into my practice.
- Develop a plan to routinely incorporate reproductive counseling and health care into my pediatric practice.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.