This course is designed to provide enhanced training for providers that have experience using the Electronic Health Record (EHR) at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin for patient care. The course focuses on topics related to quality improvement efforts and delivers the content as a comprehensive learning bundle.
The classroom approach encourages providers to learn about quality initiatives and how to apply them to their current clinical practice using Epic. Providers will become familiar with and correctly use recently developed tools that support efficient use of the Epic system and the delivery of safe and effective patient care. The course addresses the following Institute of Medicine (IOM) quality objectives: Safety, Efficiency, Effectiveness, Practice-based learning & Improvement, Timeliness, and Patient Centered.
Providers should register for the “Provider Epic Education” course in Children’s University for the date they plan to attend.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Physician Assistants
- Allied Health Care Professionals
- The provider will be able to explain the importance of creating an accurate Asthma Management Plan (AMP).
- The Provider will be able to define the “zones” that make up the AMP and the information that is appropriate to each “zone.”
- The provider will be able to accurately complete the AMP SmartForm for a variety of patients.
- The provider will be able to identify how to print the components needed for the patient’s school, including the AMP and School Authorization Form. The provider will be able to locate and efficiently use the templates available within Epic that are specifically designed for asthma-related documentation in the notes and patient instructions sections in Epic.
Disclosure: In accordance with the ACCME policy on relevant financial disclosure, all speakers/planners were asked to reveal any relevant financial relationships, and there was nothing to disclose.
Activity Director: Matthew Gray, MD
Laura Marusinec, MD
Bob Rohloff, MD
Margaret Thew, PNP
Ilanalee Cabrera, APNP
Kim Somers, PA-C
Molly Schuelke, PA-C