The visiting professor series is designed to offer timely, current and critical education to all types of Anesthesia practitioners (faculty, ancillary staff, and residents). The visiting professor series will focus on the integration of new research/literature/techniques into the current knowledge base of the faculty and residents. Much emphasis will be given on how to integrate the information into clinical practices. Speakers are carefully selected based on the quality of the education they will provide the audience (new information/skills/techniques) and the relevance and timeliness to the field of Anesthesiology.
- Value-based care
- Benchmarks for clinical care
- Prehabilitation and outcome
- Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation
- Physician (fellow/resident)
- Medical Students
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Acquire new and updated (relevant, evidence-based, and best practices) knowledge
- Be able to apply that knowledge into clinical practice by promoting current anesthetic standards
- Learn new skills and/or information that participants will be able to integrate into their clinical work that may increase quality of care, patient safety, and cost effectiveness
- Learn how to more effectively develop (acquire/integrate) effective clinical care plans
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Cynthia A Lien, MD
John P. Kampine Professor and Chair
Department of Anesthesiology
Medical College of Wisconsin
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.