- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
- Health Services Researchers
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Identify national data related to disparities in diabetes care
- Identify health disparities, discuss intersection of structural racism, social determinants and health disparities
- Identify emerging interventions to address social determinants and reduce disparities in clinical outcomes for diabetes
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Leonard Egede, MD, MS
Professor of Medicine, Inaugural Milwaukee Community Chair in Health Equity Research, Chief, Division of General Internal Medicine, Director, Center for Advancing Population Science (CAPS), Director, CTSI KL2 Program, Director, CTSI Master’s in Clinical/Translational Research, Medical College of Wisconsin
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.