A detailed presentation of research within the gastroenterology division is provided in this conference by the fellows in our department. They give brief background to their project, the question they seek to answer as well as why it is important. They present their hypothesis. They show the methods they used or plan to use, and then present their data followed by interpretation of their findings. The audience is able to ask questions or make comments throughout the presentation. On some weeks, a guest from outside the division is brought in to present their research relevant to GI. And on some weeks, we have journal club during this conference where three fellows each present one journal in detail with and emphasis ion translational research in GI. Finally, about once a month, or every two months, we have on fellow use the whole hour to present a challenge case; approached from presentation to outcome with a faculty mentor.
Gastroenterologists or Physicians in related fields
Physician Assistants in Gastroenterology or related fields
- Present clinical problems in contemporary GI practices through informative teaching, case presentations, and small group discussion
- Discuss issues in GI to promote conversation about prevalent matters
- Describe ongoing research within GI division which will foster new research ideas and impact patient care
Presenter: Dr. Rizvi
Article: Bart Staels, Anne Rubenstrunk, Benoit, et al. Hepatoprotective Effects of the Dual Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Alpha=Delta Agonist, GFT505, in Rodent Models of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease/Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Noel HEPATOLOGY, Vol. 58, No. 6, 2013 /sites/ocpe.mcw.edu/files/users/65/RIZVI.pdf
Presenter: Dr. Fang
Article: Chaysavanh Manichanh, Anat Eck,Encarna Varela Anal gas evacuation and colonic microbiota in patients with flatulence: effect of diet Gut 2014;63:401–408. doi:10.1136/gutjnl-2012-303013 /sites/ocpe.mcw.edu/files/users/65/FANG.pdf
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.