The Zablocki VAMC Grand Rounds focuses on medical and healthcare issues that are prevalent or particularly relevant to veterans. From that universe of topics, we encourage case-based presentations that provide updates on areas where medical care or healthcare/system organization is changing/evolving; or where outcomes indicate opportunities for improvement. For example, in the coming year, we plan to include presentations on DSM-5, the Wisconsin prescription drug monitoring program, ICD-10, the Green House model of long term care, updated vaccine recommendations, and telemedicine initiatives.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Allied Health Professionals
1. Describe the organizational structure of the VHA Office of Geriatrics and Extended Care.
2. Understand the scope of Geriatrics and Extended Care Services and how they are an opportunity to care for Veterans in the most appropriate care setting.
3. Explain how the demographics of future enrollees in the Veterans health Administration (VHA) highlight the need to provide home and community services.
Planning Committee Members: Jerome Van Ruiswyk, MD., FACP, FACHE, Associate Chief of Staff for Education; Chris Saggio, RN, Acting Associate Chief Nurse for Education and Research; Heather Smith, Ph.D, Psychology; Angie Paniagua, PharmD, CGP, clinical Coordinator for Pharmacy Program; Dave Van Thiel, MSW, Social Work Executive; Laurie Vail, Employee Education Program Manager; and Coordinator: Karen Hartzell, Mngt. Assistant to the Associate Chief of Staff for Education.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.