- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This online educational activity will address the existing gap between the clinical need to remain up-to-date on current issues in Psychosomatic Medicine and available, accessible materials to meet this need. In the process, we will provide an opportunity for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credit for Psychosomatic Medicine specialty certification through the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. We will offer four ouItstanding presentations from the Annual Meeting on the following topics:
- Acute Brain Failure: Neurobiology, Prevention and Treatment of Delirium
- Psychopharmacology: A Focused Review of Drug-Drug-Drug Interactions
- Assessment and Management of the Opioid-Dependent Chronic Pain Patient
- Legal Issues in Psychosomatic Medicine
The current system of graduate medical education is not prepared to meet this clinical, educational, and administrative need. There is limited continuing medical education in Psychosomatic Medicine and no other source for MOC training and credit in Psychosomatic Medicine. The members of the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine, and the presenters at the Academy’s Annual Meeting, are uniquely trained at the interface of psychiatry and medicine, qualified to practice in these clinical settings, and prepared to provide this training.
Please note: The course fee is $7.50 in addition to a $2.50 processing fee which is assessed for all electronic registrations.
- Specify the known physiological effete of chronic opioid therapy and the implications for pain management
- Outline specific techniques to manage the opioid-dependent chronic pain patient
- Assess the efficacy and safety of opioid therapy for different pain patients
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved