Helpful hints from the Office of Continuing Professional Development (OCPD) for completing the annual accredited continuing education series renewal process.
The ACTIVITY DIRECTORS of recurring educational series (aka “Regularly Scheduled Series”=RSS) should complete the formative evaluation and renewal form. Information gathered in the process helps MCW meet accreditation requirements and monitor the quality of the overall continuing education portfolio. Also, reviewing your learners’ evaluations of the series will help you to determine best next steps for the next series’ content. Therefore, Activity Directors with knowledge in clinical, research, or educational outcomes should be providing this information.
Before you begin, it is helpful to have the following information available:
- Goals for the series
- Summary of series evaluation data from the calendar year
- Any other feedback regarding the series
- At least four clinical cases that were discussed that changed practices (for case-based series)
- Series participation data
You can request the data from the series CME Coordinator in your department/division for the specified series (complete one annual evaluation per SERIES specified). Some Activity Directors may have 2+ Series Evaluations to complete for this calendar year. CME data is typically stored in EthosCE, ReCap, New Innovations, Qualtrics, or other system.
Log into EthosCE (use your MCW sign in): Use the link provided by OCPD team. You will automatically be directed to Activity Director Resources page. This page is only accessible to CE Activity Directors.
Activity Director Resources Page:
At the top, you will find:
• General information and updates available
Scroll down the page and you will find:
• OCPD team contact information
• Regularly Scheduled Series (“RSS”) resources. To RENEW an existing series,
1. Complete the appropriate formative evaluation
For series that are predominantly didactic OR
For series that are predominantly case-based
2. Complete the series renewal form with Activity Director Roles & Responsibilities
• CPD Process (Instructions on how to plan/create a CME-accredited activity)