- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 1.00 NP Contact Hours
- 1.00 NP PharmacologyNP Pharmacology credit.
- 1.00 PAPA credit.
The purpose of APP Grand Rounds is to enhance the ability of PAs and APNs to recognize, diagnose and manage common medical conditions across the continuum of presentation in the office/outpatient setting to exacerbation of these conditions requiring management in an acute care setting.
Sarah Karpinski, PharmD, BCPS
Advanced Practice Providers
- Describe the pharmacokinetics and approved indications for the direct oral anticoagulant agents
- Describe factors to consider in agent selection
- Discuss literature to support off-label use and use in special populations such as elderly, obesity, oncology, etc.
Planning Committee: Mary Jo Wiemiller, MS PA-C; Anne Zechlinski, Pharmacy Manager, Froedtert Inpatient; Julie Raaum, RN, MSN; Elizabeth Heimerl, Program Manager-Continuing Education; and content expert: Sarah Karpinski, PharmD.