- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 1.00 NP Contact Hours
- 1.00 PAPA credit.
The purpose of APP Grand Rounds is to enhance the ability of PAs and APNs to recognize, diagnose and manage common medical conditions across the continuum of presentation in the office/outpatient setting to exacerbation of these conditions requiring management in an acute care setting.
Abigayle Musholt, PA-C
Physician Assistant, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin
Advanced Practice Providers
- Discuss an overview of PTSD including epidemiology, pathophysiology, and causes with emphasis on the veteran population
- Review screening recommendations and diagnostic criteria for acute stress disorder and PTSD
- Summarize treatment options for PTSD including pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic choices
- Outline clinical features that may influence treatment plan including appropriate level of care and safety concerns
Planning Committee: Mary Jo Wiemiller, MS PA-C; Anne Zechlinski, Pharmacy Manager, Froedtert Inpatient; Julie Raaum, RN, MSN; Elizabeth Heimerl, Program Manager-Continuing Education; and content expert: Abigayle Musholt, PA-C.