- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 1.00 NP Contact Hours
- 1.00 NP PharmacologyNP Pharmacology credit.
- 1.00 PAPA credit.
The purpose of APP Grand Rounds is to enhance the ability of PAs and APNs to recognize, diagnose and manage common medical conditions across the continuum of presentation in the office/outpatient setting to exacerbation of these conditions requiring management in an acute care setting.
Speaker: Benjamin Jung, PharmD
Anticoagulation Program Coordinator- Pharmacy
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin
Advanced Practice Providers
- Summarize the new literature regarding bridging anticoagulation in the perioperative/periprocedural period
- Differentiate patients with low, moderate, and high thrombotic risk
- Discuss clinical factors to assess in patients with “moderate thrombotic risk”
- Demonstrate understanding of updated guidelines by performing case studies
Planning Committee: Mary Jo Wiemiller, MS PA-C; Anne Zechlinski, Pharmacy Manager, Froedtert Inpatient; Julie Raaum, RN, MSN; Elizabeth Heimerl, Program Manager-Continuing Education; and content expert: Benjamin Jung.