The purpose of APP Grand Rounds is to enhance the ability of PAs and APNs to recognize, diagnose and manage common medical conditions across the continuum of presentation in the office/outpatient setting to exacerbation of these conditions requiring management in an acute care setting.
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 1.00 NP PharmacologyNP Pharmacology credit.
- 1.00 NP Contact Hours
- 1.00 PAPA credit.
Advanced Practice Providers
- List the definitions for each type of pain and how they are similar and different
- Discuss the various non-opioid drug categories including their mechanism of action, duration, and potential side effects or limiting factors
- Discuss trials and strength of evidence supporting or comparing non-opioid agents against themselves or opioids
Monica Chintapenta, Pharm D
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin
Planning Committee: Mary Jo Wiemiller, MS PA-C; Anne Zechlinski, Pharmacy manager, Froedtert Inpatient; Julie Raaum, RN, MSN; Elizabeth Heimerl, Program Manager-Continuing Education; and content expert: Monica chintapenta, PharmD