The purpose of APP Grand Rounds is to enhance the ability of PAs and APNs to recognize, diagnose and manage common medical conditions across the continuum of presentation in the office/outpatient setting to exacerbation of these conditions requiring management in an acute care setting.
The learning objectives for this presentation are:
- Discuss & introduce the audience to the Palliative Care APP’s and discuss inpatient versus ambulatory role
- Discuss the differences in inpatient and outpatient
- Identify the basics of the family meeting
- Early referral is better
- Discuss nuances between ambulatory and inpatient referrals
- Share specific examples of good outcomes
Speakers:: Margaret Donegan, MSN, APNP GNP-BC ACHPN & Deborah Schneider, MSN, NP-C, APNP
Title: "Palliative Care: Inpatient and Outpatient Tips and Tricks"
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 1.00 NP PharmacologyNP Pharmacology credit.
- 1.00 NP Contact Hours
- 1.00 PAPA credit.