The purpose of APP Grand Rounds is to enhance the ability of PAs and APNs to recognize, diagnose and manage common medical conditions across the continuum of presentation in the office/outpatient setting to exacerbation of these conditions requiring management in an acute care setting.
The learning objectives for this presentation are:
- Define the role of the registered dietitian as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Recognize the etiology and clinical characteristics of protein-calorie malnutrition, and the impact of malnutrition on patient outcomes
- Review strategies to optimize oral intake
- Identify indications for enteral and parenteral nutrition therapy and describe how to safely initiate and manage nutrition support across the continuum of care
Speakers: Michelle Kozeniecki, MS, RD, CNSC
Title: "Can I Eat Today? Digesting Best Practices in Medical Nutrition Therapy"
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 1.00 NP PharmacologyNP Pharmacology credit.
- 1.00 NP Contact Hours
- 1.00 PAPA credit.