Sponsored by the Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Allergy/Immunology Ranging from 0 - 2500.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses/Nurse Practitioners, Allied Health Care Professionals, Fellows, Residents, Students
Overall Allergy/Immunology Grand Rounds Objectives:
- Adopt new knowledge and updates on Practice Parameters/Guidelines for Allergy/Immunology
- Explore new scientific data improving outcomes for Asthma (decrease in ER visits, hospitalizations, improving quality of life, decreased missed school/work days, etc.) and allergic diseases
- Outline how to improve outcomes in Primary Immune Diseases by learning new scientific developments
Presenter Learning Objectives:
- Define the role that eosinophils may play in various diseases
- Explain how eosinophils are being selectively targeted via novel biological treatments
- Describe the published risks, benefits and outcomes of clinical trials with antibodies directed against interleukin-5 and its receptor.
Heidi Zafra, MD; Activity Director; No financial relationships to disclose
John Routes, MD; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Asriani Chiu, MD; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Brian Kelly, MD; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Mary Ho, CPNP; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Bruce Bochner, MD; Speaker; Financial relationships disclosed are as follows:
- I currently serve as a consultant for Sanofi-Aventis and TEVA, and am on the Scientific Advisory Board of Merck and Allakos, Inc.
- I receive publishing royalties from UpToDate and Elsevier.
- I am a co-inventor on existing and pending Siglec-8-related patents. Under a licensing agreement between Allakos, Inc. and the Johns Hopkins University, I am entitled to a share of future royalties received by the University on eventual sales of products described in this presentation. I also own Allakos, Inc. stock, which is subject to certain restrictions under University policy. The terms of this arrangement are being managed by the Johns Hopkins University in accordance with its conflict of interest policies.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.