- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses/Nurse Practitioners, Allied Health Care Professionals, Fellows, Residents, Students
Allergy/Immunology Learning Objectives:
- Adopt new knowledge and updates on Practice Parameters/Guidelines for Allergy/Immunology
- Explore new scientific data improving outcomes for Asthma (decrease in ER visits, hospitalizations, improving quality of life, decreased missed school/work days, etc.) and allergic diseases
- Outline how to improve outcomes in Primary Immune Diseases by learning new scientific developments
Presenter Learning Objective(s):
- Provide a general backround on the microbiome, its composition, and the methods used for its characterization.
- Describe the role of the immune system and host on establishing the microbiome.
- Describe the roles of the microbiome, focusing on its role in driving immune development and immune response.
- Discuss the association of the microbiome with disease, including allergic/atopic disease
- Discuss approaches to therapeutically modify microbiota composition.
Heidi Zafra, MD; Activity Director; No financial relationships to disclose
Asriani Chiu, MD; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Lisa Crandall, APNP; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Joel Gallagher, MD; Planning Committee Member; No fincancial relationships to disclose
Nita H. Salzman, MD, PhD; Presenter; No financial relationships to disclose