Allergy/Immunology Grand Rounds is designed so the expected result of our educational activities is that participating physicians enhance their knowledge and skills in the field of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, and apply the knowledge and skills to improve performance and patient outcomes in their Allergy/Asthma/Immunology practice settings.
Our educational activities include department-specific, interdepartmental and specialty-specific conferences of live presentations and live regularly scheduled series. Included among our educational offerings are updates in clinical medicine and basic science research, reviews of current or best practice recommendations for clinical care, learning modules in quality improvement, procedural and communication skills development exercises, as well as professional development in bioethics, leadership and patient safety.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses/Nurse Practitioners, Allied Health Care Professionals, Fellows, Residents, Students
Allergy/Immunology Learning Objectives:
- Adopt new knowledge and updates on Practice Parameters/Guidelines for Allergy/Immunology
- Explore new scientific data improving outcomes for Asthma (decrease in ER visits, hospitalizations, improving quality of life, decreased missed school/work days, etc.) and allergic diseases
- Outline how to improve outcomes in Primary Immune Diseases by learning new scientific developments
Presenter Learning Objective(s):
- To understand the technique, reference values and general interpretation of:
- Lung volumes
- Diffusion capacity
Faculty & credentials:
Heidi Zafra, MD; Activity Director; No financial relationships to disclose
Asriani Chiu, MD; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Lisa Crandall, APNP; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Joel Gallagher, MD; Planning Committee Member; No fincancial relationships to disclose
Louella Amos, MD; Presenter; No financial relationships to disclose
+1 (414) 266-6840
01/29/2016 - 1:15pm to 2:15pm CST
Children's Clinics Building
9000 W Wisconsin AvenueSuite B440
Milwaukee, WI 53226
See map: Google Maps
Add to calendar:
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.