Allergy/Immunology Grand Rounds is designed so the expected result of our educational activities is that participating physicians enhance their knowledge and skills in the field of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, and apply the knowledge and skills to improve performance and patient outcomes in their Allergy/Asthma/Immunology practice settings.
Our educational activities include department-specific, interdepartmental and specialty-specific conferences of live presentations and live regularly scheduled series. Included among our educational offerings are updates in clinical medicine and basic science research, reviews of current or best practice recommendations for clinical care, learning modules in quality improvement, procedural and communication skills development exercises, as well as professional development in bioethics, leadership and patient safety.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses/Nurse Practitioners, Allied Health Care Professionals, Fellows, Residents, Students
- Present interesting cases of allergic contact dermatitis--common and uncommon allergens
- Review what is known about the immunology of allergic contact dermatitis and how it compares to atopic dermatitis
- Discuss biologic and other treatments for atopic dermatitis, and the new literature on their use in allergic contact dermatitis
- Understand future directions and the new drug pipeline for atopic dermatitis
Matthew Taller, MD; Activity Director; No financial relationships to disclose
Asriani Chiu, MD; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Heidi Zafra, MD; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Lisa Crandall, APNP; Planning Committee Member; No financial relationships to disclose
Keri Chaney, MD, No financial relationships to disclose
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.