Asthma/Allergy/Clinical Immunology (AAI) Grand Rounds develop educational activities for physicians and providers in order to enhance their knowledge and skills and to improve performance and patient care in AAI practice settings.
These educational activities include live presentations about department (pediatrics), interdepartmental and specialty (asthma/allergy/clinical immunology) topics.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Allied Health Care Professionals
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Understand what lung volumes measures
- Compare advantages and disadvantages between gas dilution and whole-body plethysmography
- Understand the difference among different plethysmography principles
- Examine how lung volumes and airway resistances are obtained
- Integrate plethysmography data to clinical practice
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
List those with no financial relationships to disclose
- Kurt Hu, MD
Medical College of Wisconsin
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.