MOCA® Simulation Course
The Medical College of Wisconsin Anesthesiology Simulation Program is offering a simulation course to fulfill the training requirement for Part IV (Practice Performance Assessment & Improvement) of Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program (MOCA®).
The course is endorsed by the American Society of Anesthesiologists® to provide MOCA® simulation training at the MCW STAR Center.
Participants who complete this learning intervention will be able to:
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge and technical skills to manage low frequency but high stakes simulation scenarios (hands-on scenario/mannequin simulation of different critical events)
- Critique own performance and analyze team performance during the debrief process, with opportunity for immediate feedback on learning
- Discuss systems challenges and identify areas for improvement
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Jutta Novalija, MD, FASA, CHSE
Professor of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin
Medical Director Simulation Program Milwaukee VAMC
Anthony Tam, MD
Christina Diaz, MD, FASA, FAAP
David Pugh, MD
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 6.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 6.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 6.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.