Medicine, and the specific field of anesthesiology, are changing rapidly. The number of journals describing these changes and the articles describing the investigative work being done has just exploded and, unless following the information in one of our many subspecialties, it would be impossible to remain current with evolving information. This series was designed to provide current information to our faculty, students and staff to allow their care of patients to reflect best practices and to encourage each of them to make a regular practice of seeking new and accurate information so that they can remain current in their practices.
Key Words: Value-based care, Benchmarks for clinical care, Prehabilitation and outcome, Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- List updates in clinical medicine and basic science research
- Analyze current or best practice recommendations for clinical care
- Discuss modules for quality improvement
- Demonstrate procedural and communication development exercises
- Define professional development in bioethics, leadership and patient safety
Cynthia A. Lien, MD
Department of Anesthesiology
Medical College of Wisconsin-Froedtert
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Cynthia A. Lien
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.