The visiting professor series is designed to offer timely, current and critical education to all types of Anesthesia practitioners (faculty, ancillary staff, and residents). The visiting professor series will focus on the integration of new research/literature/techniques into the current knowledge base of the faculty and residents. Much emphasis will be given on how to integrate the information into clinical practices. Speakers are carefully selected based on the quality of the education they will provide the audience (new information/skills/techniques) and the relevance and timeliness to the field of Anesthesiology.
Allied Health Care Professionals
By the end of this activity, learners should be able to:
(1) summarize current evidence on spinal versus general anesthesia as a primary anesthetic technique for hip fracture surgery;
(2) characterize the difference between pragmatic and explanatory randomized trials of health interventions;
(3) discuss selected real-world implementation challenges in standard-care trials
Drs. T. Ebert ,C. Lien, C. Fox
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial interests to disclose.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.