The visiting professor series is designed to offer timely, current and critical education to all types of Anesthesia practitioners (faculty, ancillary staff, and residents). The visiting professor series will focus on the integration of new research/literature/techniques into the current knowledge base of the faculty and residents. Much emphasis will be given on how to integrate the information into clinical practices. Speakers are carefully selected based on the quality of the education they will provide the audience (new information/skills/techniques) and the relevance and timeliness to the field of Anesthesiology.
Key Words: Value-based care, Benchmarks for clinical care, Prehabilitation and outcome, Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Medical Students
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Acquire new and updated (relevant, evidence-based, and best practices) knowledge
- Apply knowledge into clinical practice by promoting current anesthetic standards
- Develop new skills and/or information that participants will be able to integrate into their clinical work that may increase quality of care, patient safety, and cost effectiveness
- Develop how to more effectively develop (acquire/integrate) effective clinical care plans
Cynthia A. Lien, MD
Department of Anesthesiology
Medical College of Wisconsin-Froedtert
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Cynthia A. Lien
- Archer Martin, MD
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.