The visiting professor series is designed to offer timely, current and critical education to all types of Anesthesia practitioners (faculty, ancillary staff, and residents). The visiting professor series will focus on the integration of new research/literature/techniques into the current knowledge base of the faculty and residents. Much emphasis will be given on how to integrate the information into clinical practices. Speakers are carefully selected based on the quality of the education they will provide the audience (new information/skills/techniques) and the relevance and timeliness to the field of Anesthesiology.
- Value-based care
- Benchmarks for clinical care
- Prehabilitation and outcome
- Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation
- Physician Assistant
- Nurse Anesthetist
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Acquire new and updated (relevant, evidence-based, and best practices) knowledge
- Be able to apply that knowledge into clinical practice by promoting current anesthetic standards
- Learn new skills and/or information that participants will be able to integrate into their clinical work that may increase quality of care, patient safety, and cost effectiveness
- Learn how to more effectively develop (acquire/integrate) effective clinical care plans
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Cynthia A Lien, MD
John P. Kampine Professor and Chair
Department of Anesthesiology
The Medical College of Wisconsin
Gozde Demiralp, MD
UW School of Medicine and Public Health
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.