Current Trends in Low Back Pain (May 2, 2014)
This educational activity is designed to assist attendees in becoming proficient in the ability to identify acute and chronic painful conditions, understand available treatment options for painful conditions and understand when it is appropriate to refer to a specialist.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and Advanced Pain Management. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
The target audience for this conference is primary care physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners who play an active role in the primary care of patients. The target audience will also include other health professionals such as chiropractors, mental health providers and physical therapists who play an active role in chronic pain management.
- Identify acute and chronic painful conditions and understand available treatment options
- Identify the relationship between chronic pain and psychological issues in patients
- Understand the component of responsible opioid prescribing, abuse characteristics, dispensing laws and consequences for non compliance.
Dermot More-O'Ferrall, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.