16249, Answers to Your Burning Questions: Assessment and Management of Urinary Tract Infections, November 9, 2016
Bonus Session ……….FREE Lunch and Learn
Lunch will be served to the first 50 attendees
The purpose of APP Grand Rounds is to enhance the ability of PAs and APNs to recognize, diagnose and manage common medical conditions across the continuum of presentation in the office/outpatient setting to exacerbation of these conditions requiring management in an acute care setting.
AAPA Accreditation Statement:
This program has been reviewed and is approved for a maximum of 1.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credit by the Physician Assistant Review Panel. Physician assistants should claim only those hours actually spent participating in the CME activity. This program was planned in accordance with AAPA's CME Standards for Live Programs and for Commercial Support of Live Programs.
AAPA credit provided in partnership with the
Nurse Practitioner Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse Practioner continuing education. Provider Number: 150930.
Nurse Practitioner Credit Designation Statement:
Medical College of Wisconsin, Inc. is approved as a provider of nurse practitioner continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners: AANP Provider Number 150930. This program has been approved for 1.0 contact hours of continuing education (which includes 0.5 hours of pharmacology).
Participants must attend the entire session and complete an evaluation to earn credit.
Allied Healthcare Professionals
- Participants will review the necessary objective and subjective data needed to appropriately assess a patient presenting with a potential urinary tract infection
- Participants will review the negative impact of prescribing antibiotics for patients with asymptomatic bacteriuria
- Participants will identify opportunities to optimize antimicrobial therapy for the treatment of urinary tract infections
- Participants will recognize collateral damage associated with fluoroquinolone utilization
Julie Raaum, DNP, APNP
Anne Zechlinski, PharmD
Mary Jo Wiemiller, PA
Claire Rich – MS,RN, ACNS-BC APNP
Pam Epple – BSN, RN, CPHQ
Elizabeth Heimerl, MS
Rachel Eberle, APNP
Allison Gibble, PharmD
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose
- 1.00 NP Contact Hours
- 0.50 NP PharmacologyNP Pharmacology credit.