Fundamental Critical Care, March 2020
More than 10,000 clinicians a year on five continents receive Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS) training, which prepares non-intensivists to manage critically ill patients for the first 24 hours until transfer or appropriate critical care consultation can be arranged. The course and its companion text assist the non-intensivist in dealing with the sudden deterioration of critically ill patients and prepares house staff and nurses for ICU coverage. The course is often used to prepare residents for rotations in the ICU.
Physicians, Advance Practice Providers (APP's) who care for critically ill or potentially critically ill patients at Froedtert Hospital
- Prioritize assessment needs for the critically ill patient.
- Select appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Identify and respond to significant changes in the unstable patient.
- Recognize and initiate management of acute life-threatening conditions.
- Determine the need for expert consultation and/or patient transfer and prepare the practitioner for optimally accomplishing transfer.
- In addition: each lecture in this course has 3 learning objectives for a total of 33 very specific learning objectives.
Rahul Nanchal, MD
Rahul Nanchal, MD
Vijay Ramalingam, MD Disclosures: Boehringer-Ingelheim (Speaker) & Genentech (Consultant) "Talked and consulted on IPF.
Paul Bergl, MD
Thomas Carver, MD
Gaurav Dagar, MD
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 10 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
This program is jointly Sponsored by the Froedtert and Medical College Medical Staff Office, Division of Pulmonary Medicine and the Office of Advanced Practice Providers.
- 10.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 10.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.