- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
By having CME presentations it gives our providers opportunity to gain knowledge from other providers that may be practicing in similar rural settings and seeing the same types of patient problems. By providing evidenced based speakers on the above topics it will also give the providers a chance to implement best practice care to improve the patient’s outcomes.
By completing this activity the staff will be able to: gain and maintain increased knowledge related to the presentation topic, implement best practices to improve patient outcomes, and collaborate with fellow medical staff regarding the changes amongst health care.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Familiarize providers and staff with some fo the social and economic issues surrounding immigrants in Wisconsin as they pertain to medical care.
- Briefly review our work at Family Health/LaClinica
- Review the main infectious diseases that immigrant patients bring to this state, including the neglected tropical diseases and TB.
- Discuss the treatment of diabetes as it uniquely affects this patient group.
- Improve understanding of nutritional factors and immigration.
- Improve understanding of cultural beliefs in the Latino population and how they affect medical care.