- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
The clinical issue we would like to address is that cancer is one of the leading diagnoses of patients presently at Berlin Memorial Hospital. Berlin Memorial Hospital offers care primarily for persons living in Green Lake, Waushara, Marquette and Fond du Lac Counties. This becomes an issue as the addition of our Oncology/Hematology Clinic has brought in many new patients that need a multi-speciality approach to their care. Creating time in the fast paced medical field for speciality areas and the primary care providers to collaborate can be cumbersome.
By creating a designated time twice a month for the multi specialists and the primary care providers to discuss and evaluate patients with cancer offers the patient excellent care, a great learning opportunity and this will become a great asset not only to our organization but to our community. Our multi specialists inude but are not limited to General Surgery, Gynecology, Laboratory, Radiology, Urology, Primary Care and Pathology.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Discuss new diagnosis’s of cancer
- Develop treatment options for cancer therapy based upon the standard of care
- Implement evidence based therapy recommendations for the presented case