ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Participants who engage in this education intervention will be able to:
- Review the reported uses of comics in medicine (Graphic Medicine), specifically within the realm of medical education.
- Interpret data presented for gaps in the literature.
- Recognize the methods by which comics are an effective tool in medical education.
Theresa C. Maatman, MD, FACP
Department of Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin
In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Theresa C. Maatman, MD, FACP
Dr. Maatman will be talking about the world of Graphic Medicine. This is the intersection of comics and medicine. We will review what comics have been used for in medicine and specifically the work that Dr. Maatman has done at MCW using comics in medical education
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.