Cardiac catheterization conference is designed to provide the participants with a review of invasive and interventional cardiovascular skills and disease states as well as providing up to date knowledge in the current practice of interventional cardiology.
Topics are identified through:
- Departmental meetings and quality review
- Morbidity and mortality conferences
- Cardiac Catheterization monthly Quality meeting
- Institutional review and comparison with benchmark data the NCDR.The National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR) is the ACC’s suite of cardiovascular data registries helping hospitals and private practices measure and improve the quality of care they provide.
- Faculty Cardiologists
- Cardiology Fellows
- Ancillary Staff (PA’s, NP’s)
- To understand the applicable anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the invasive/interventional practice of cardiovascular medicine.
- To identify the application of established guidelines and appropriate use criteria pertaining to invasive and interventional cardiology.
- To learn cost effective and system based improvement care in invasive and interventional cardiology.
- To fully understand and execute safe operations within an environment of radiation and infectious risk.