Cardiology Grand Rounds is designed to provide faculty cardiologists, cardiology fellows, and ancillary staff (PA’s, NP’s) detailed exposure to 1) emerging concepts in the management and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, 2) initiatives at a state and national level to improve inpatient and outpatient outcomes in patients with cardiovascular disease, 3) knowledge to fill practice gaps identified in the division of cardiovascular medicine during our internal review meetings, and 4) basic and translational research that may affect the practice of cardiovascular medicine in the near future.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Cardiology Fellows
- Ancillary Staff
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- To learn current practice guidelines in the evaluation and treatment of heart disease and to be able to discern how practice guidelines derived from large population groups will apply to specific individual patient groups.
- To identify barriers for the implementation of best practice guidelines in heart disease to daily current practice and discuss means of overcoming these barriers.
- To learn cost-effective strategies to diagnose and treat heart disease.
- To learn the potential advantages and potential applications of promising new advances emerging from the research laboratory into clinical practice or cardiology.
Faculty & credentials:
Michael Widlansky, MD, MBA
Associate Professor - Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
Director - Cardiology Fellowship & Continuing Medical Education
Abinet Ashine, MD
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
Department of Medicine
+1 (414) 955-6737
05/28/2015 - 7:00am to 8:00am CDT
Froedtert Board Room
9200 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53226
See map: Google Maps
Add to calendar:
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.