Cardiology Grand Rounds is designed to supply knowledge to our audience to allow them to improve their competence and performance in delivering cardiovascular care. Topics are identified through departmental findings, morbidity and mortality conferences, opinion leader reviews, literature reviews, epidemiological data, and national guidelines. Examples of topics being address in the 2017 Grand Rounds Series.
- Severe aortic stenosis and severe coronary artery disease is difficult to manage since symptoms are similar and ofter overlap. The timing of diagnostic and percutaneous treatment procedures are often difficult to determine what should be addressed first.
- Emerging imaging technologies are changing the manner in which we are assessing patients for ischemic coronary artery disease. Updating and enhancing our knowledge in how to choose the best tests for individual patients is important for high quality care.
- Patient with systemic and other inflammatory diseases are at higher risk than the average population for adverse cardiovascular events. There are emerging data for our providers to learn about unique risk features of these patients to improve their overall care.
- Cardiology Fellows
- Ancillary Staff
1. To learn current practice guidelines in the evaluation and treatment of heart disease and to be able to discern how practice guidelines derived from large population groups will apply to specific individual patient groups.
2. To identify barriers for the implementation of best practice guidelines in heart disease to daily current practice and discuss means of overcoming these barriers.
3. To learn cost-effective strategies to diagnose and treat heart disease.
4. To learn the potential advantages and potential applications of promising new advances emerging from the research laboratory into clinical practice or cardiology.
|Jeffrey Testani, MD, MTR||Boehringer Ingelheim, Sanofi, Corvida Therapeutics, Thoratec, The Foundry Sequana Medical, Otsuka, Metronic, Relypsa, Cardionomic|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.