Cardiology Grand Rounds is designed to supply knowledge to our audience to allow them to improve their competence and performance in delivering cardiovascular care. Topics are identified through departmental findings, morbidity and mortality conferences, opinion leader reviews, literature reviews, epidemiological data, and National guidelines.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
At the end of this session, I will be able to:
- Apply current practice guidelines in the evaluation and treatment of heart disease and to be able to discern how practice guidelines derived from large population groups will apply to specific individual patient groups.
- Identify barriers for the implementation of best practice guidelines in heart disease to daily current practice and discuss means of overcoming these barriers.
- Learn cost-effective strategies to diagnose and treat heart disease.
- Recognize the potential advantages and potential applications of promising new advances emerging from the research laboratory into clinical practice or cardiology.
Faculty & credentials:
Professor of Medicine - Division of Cardiovascular Medicine-Department of Medicine
Alfonso Tafur, MD, MSc
Northshore University Health Systems
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
Alfonso Tafur, MD
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
+1 (414) 955-6861
11/07/2019 - 7:00am to 8:00am CST
A1710 Mellowes Boardroom (HUB)
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
See map: Google Maps
Add to calendar:
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.