Cardiovascular Grand Rounds is the primary teaching conference for the Division of Cardiology where both cardiovascular disease syndromes and current research in cardiovascular disease is presented. Cardiovascular Grand Rounds meets a specific need both in the community and at the Medical College for further education in cardiovascular disease states. Cardiovascular Grand Rounds as a recurring activity is continually reviewed by the cardiology faculty.
- cardiovascular disease
- practice guidelines
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- To learn current practice guidelines in the evaluation and treatment of heart disease and to be able to discern how practice guidelines derived from large population groups will apply to specific individual patient groups.
- To identify barriers for the implementation of best practice guidelines in heart disease to daily current practice and discuss means of overcoming these barriers.
- To learn cost-effective strategies to diagnose and treat heart disease
- To learn the potential advantages and potential applications of promising new advances emerging from the research laboratory into clinical practice or cardiology.
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Jacquelyn P Kulinski, MD
Jennifer Thibadeau, MD
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
ACCME ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
HOURS OF PARTICIPATION FOR ALLIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.