The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner
- Social Worker
- Health Services Researchers
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Understand social determinants and burden of diabetes among African American and Hispanic/Latino elderly adults
- Describe the burden of cognitive impairment and functional limitations among African American and Hispanic/Latino elderly adults and the impact on diabetes self-management
- Discuss specific aims and implications of the proposed research
Aprill Dawson, PhD, MPH
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine
Center for Advancing Population Science
Medical College of Wisconsin
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Aprill Dawson, PhD, MPH
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.