Please RSVP to Carletta Rhodes at email@example.com
- Allied Health Care Professionals
- Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Define and identify sentinel injuries of child abuse
- Understand the four competencies of interprofessional education
- Discuss the relationship of the four competencies of interprofessional education and their application to collaboration within cases of suspected child maltreatment, and specifically within cases of sentinel injuries
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Program Director: Linda Meurer, MD
Elizabeth Cleek, PhD RN CPNP-PC, recently received her PhD in Nursing from Marquette University. Her clinical background as a pediatric nurse practitioner is in pediatric acute trauma. Currently, she is a T32 primary care post-doctoral fellow and works within the Child Advocacy and Protection Service. Her research interests are within child maltreatment and understanding methods to mitigate the immediate and life-long health threats child maltreatment poses to victimized children. Specifically, Dr. Cleek’s research seeks to better understand factors that affect health care providers’ decision making when identifying and reporting suspected child maltreatment.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1 hour of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.