ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1 hour of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Bring your own beverage, lunch will be provided.
Please RSVP to Carletta Rhodes at email@example.com
Allied Health Care Professionals
1. Define arts-based research (ABR) and its application to participatory data collection, analysis and dissemination
2. Identify ABR's alignment with the critical parts of community engagement
3. Generate ideas for ABR integration through cases studies of federally funded (NIH, CIHR and NEH) research projects
Program Director: Linda Meurer, MD
Presenter: Katinka Hooyer
Katinka Hooyer, PhD, is a medical anthropologist who focuses on humanistic interventions for Veterans with post-traumatic stress and moral injury. As a community-engaged scholar, she uses performative art to translate research and share social science knowledge with students, the public, and the communities she works with. She is an assistant professor in Family and Community Medicine at MCW and works in the Center for Healthy Communities and Research.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.