ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1 hour of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Bring your own beverage, lunch will be provided.
Please RSVP to Carletta Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org
VA Home Telehealth (HT) services improve clinical outcomes and access to care for Veterans with chronic illnesses. This presentation will explore ways to better understanding the facilitators and barriers to HT, as well as Veteran characteristics that are associated with HT use.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- After the presentation, attendees will be able to identify two facilitators and barriers to utilization of HT services by Veterans.
- After the presentation, attendees will be able to describe the relationship between Veteran’s characteristics and health/eHealth literacy.
- After the presentation, attendees will be able to describe Veteran preferences for HT device and utilization of HT services.
Program Director: Linda Meurer, MD
Presenter: Martin Mikell, PhD, RN, CEN received his PhD in nursing from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 2017. His research interests are in physical activity among Latinos, as well as understanding factors that contribute to health-promoting behaviors within communities. He has previous experience conducting qualitative research with a focus on Latino immigrant perceptions of health. As a doctoral student, he was accepted into a research fellowship funded by the Veterans Administration, Office of Academic Affairs, which fueled his interest in policy.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.