ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1 hour of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Bring your own beverage, lunch will be provided.
Please RSVP to Carletta Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Holt’s presentation will highlight the preliminary results of a clinical trial evaluating how the integration of patient contextual data, using an EHR-integrated consumer informatics tool, into primary care affects patient activation. This trial is part of a series of initiatives that investigate how a scalable informatics infrastructure that standardizes the collection of patient-generated contextual data may enhance clinicians’ ability to practice patient-centered care.
Allied Health Care Professionals
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Discuss research that investigated how a scalable informatics infrastructure that standardizes the collection of patient-generated contextual data may enhance clinicians’ ability to practice patient-centered care.
- Describe the impact of patient contextual data, gathered using a consumer informatics tool for point-of-care use, on patient activation.
- Assess if the effects of using patient contextual data, gathered using a consumer informatics tool for point-of-care use, on patient activation are different for Black and White primary care patients.
Program Director: Linda Meurer, MD
Presenters: Jeana Holt, DNP, RN
Jeana Holt, DNP, RN, is a family nurse practitioner in her third year as a T32 Postdoctoral Fellow in Primary Care Research at the Medical College of Wisconsin and third year as a Ph.D. student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Nursing.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.