- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This conference consists of fellows in Gastroenterology presenting real cases to the gastroenterology department and any other medical health professionals in attendance. The case is presented in standard format-chief complaint, history of present illness, medical/surgical/social history, physical exam, and lab/radiologic data. A differential diagnosis is discussed. Further test results are management is discussed followed by the outcome. There is ample opportunity for question and discussion regarding the case from the audience at any time. Finally, the fellow presents a brief literature review of some aspect of each case. Each presentation takes about 15 minutes with some discussion time, so 3 cases are presented in this one hour conference. Once a month, instead of this format, we a have a ‘Foregut Forum” where cases specific to foregut GI pathology are presented. The Foregut Forum is led by our GI department but includes the departments of bariatric surgery thoracic surgery, who also present cases.
- Present clinical problems in contemporary GI practices through informative teaching, case presentations, and small group discussion
- Discuss issues in GI to promote conversation about prevalent matters
- Describe ongoing research within GI division which will foster new research ideas and impact patient care