Gaps in the above areas were identified through evaluations at previously held meetings and practice data on referred or mismanaged patients. There was also a gap in current practice identified in journals or publicized in the media. Also, GI diseases change in terms of diagnostic tests and management options. Presentation of real cases provides the audience an opportunity to contemplate how they would manage the patient compared to how it was managed in the presentation. Especially complicated issues can be raised and the group can discuss based on the different people’s expertise and personal experience.
- Bariatric Surgeons
- Thoracic Surgeons
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Present clinical problems in contemporary GI practices through informative teaching, for example, case presentations and small group discussion.
- Discuss issues in GI to promote conversation about prevalent issues.
- Describe ongoing research within the GI division which will foster new research ideas as well as impact patient care.
Dr. Vijaya Rao (faculty candidate)
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose except the following:
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following and in accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, these relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.