The Pathology CP Conference is designed to provide both didactic teaching around current clinical pathology issues and interactive discussion of current issues confronting the clinical laboratories. Pathology residents are assigned current cases that illustrate important, problematic, or interesting issues in the particular Clinical Pathology Area in which they are rotating. Presentations are developed under the guidance of teaching faculty, and are designed to occupy one half of the one-hour time frame. These are intended to be highly interactive case presentations with a didactic portion that typically involves an in depth literature review. The second half of the conferences involves presentation of challenging on-call cases, with broad input from trainees and faculty regarding appropriate handling of such cases, including technical, reporting, medical, and laboratory management issues.
- Physician Assistants
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Critically analyze a body of literature related to a specific laboratory topic and develop a best-practice approach to laboratory medicine.
- Discuss the performance characteristics of various laboratory tests, and understand their clinical value and their limitations.
- Understand the basic technical aspects of various laboratory methodologies.
- Become familiar with important aspects of daily laboratory management.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclosure except the following:
|Jerome Gottschall, M.D.||College of American Pathologist||Speaker|
|Blake Buchan, Ph.D.||GenMark||Consulting|
|Nathan Ledeboer, Ph.D.||Copan||Consultant|
|Becton Dickenson||Scientific Advisory Board|
|ThermoFisher||Scientific Advisory Board|
|GeneWeave||Scientific Advisory Board|
|Roche||Scientific Advisory Board|
|Karen Sue Kehl, Ph.D||Elitech Group||Speaker|
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.