The Pathology CP Conference is designed to provide both didactic teaching around current clinical pathology issues and interactive discussion of current issues confronting the clinical laboratories. Pathology residents are assigned current cases that illustrate important, problematic, or interesting issues in the particular Clinical Pathology Area in which they are rotating. Presentations are developed under the guidance of teaching faculty, and are designed to occupy one half of the one-hour time frame. These are intended to be highly interactive case presentations with a didactic portion that typically involves an in-depth literature review. The second half of the conference involves presentation of challenging on-call cases, with broad input from trainees and faculty regarding appropriate handling of such cases, including technical, reporting, medical, and laboratory management issues.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
- Physician Assistants
At the conclusion of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Discuss important current issues in the various disciplines of clinical pathology
- Place laboratory issues in a clinical context and provide timely and appropriate consultation to clinicians
- Critically analyze a body of literature related to specific laboratory tests and develop a best-practice approach to laboratory medicine
- Discuss the performance characteristics of various laboratory tests, and understand their clinical value and limitations
- Understand the basic technical aspects of various laboratory methodologies
- Become familiar with important aspects of daily laboratory management
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following
|Nathan Ledeboer, PhD||Copan||Advisor|
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, these relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.