The Pathology CP Conference is designed to provide both didactic teaching around current clinical pathology issues and interactive discussion of current issues confronting the clinical laboratories. Pathology residents are assigned current cases that illustrate important, problematic, or interesting issues in the Clinical Pathology Area in which they are rotating. Presentations are developed under the guidance of teaching faculty and are designed to occupy one half of the one-hour time frame. These are intended to be highly interactive case presentations with a didactic portion that typically involves an in-depth literature review. The second half of the conference involves presentation of challenging on-call cases, with broad input from trainees and faculty regarding appropriate handling of such cases, including technical, reporting, medical, and laboratory management issues.
Keywords: CME, MCW, Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Diagnostic Techniques and Procedures, Clinical Laboratory Techniques, Education, Differential Diagnosis
- Clinical Laboratory Scientists
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Discuss important current issues in the various disciplines of clinical pathology
- Place laboratory issues in a clinical context and provide timely and appropriate consultation to clinicians
- Critically analyze a body of literature related to specific laboratory tests and develop a best-practice approach to laboratory medicine
- Discuss the performance characteristics of various laboratory tests, and understand their clinical value and limitations
- Describe the basic technical aspects of various laboratory methodologies
- Explain important aspects of daily laboratory management
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Alexandra Harrington, MD, MT(ASCP)CM
- Steven H. Kroft, MD
- Nathan A. Ledeboer, PhD
- Shannon M. Majewski, CMP, CMM, HMCC, VEMM
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
|Blake Buchan, PhD||Chromacode||Advisory Board|
|Blake Buchan, PhD||Nuclease Probe Technologies||Advisor|
|Blake Buchan, PhD||Pattern Dx||Consultant|
|Blake Buchan, PhD||Accelerate Dx||Consultant|
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 0.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.