The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
11:00 am | Keynote: “Process is the New Program” Susan Lloyd, PhD (Lloyd Consulting, Inc.) and Darlene Russell (Greater Milwaukee Foundation)
This keynote session, during the Community Engagement: Engage 2019 Spring Conference, focuses on building partnership between health practitioners and community. We will learn how building relationships with the community results in better healthcare, better research, and better communication skills. Thinking of relationships as an iterative process ensures successful health outcomes and allows for academics and healthcare practitioners to address social justice.
MCW faculty and staff
MCW community affiliates
- Given the current health disparities present in Wisconsin, differentiate the requirements of community and academic members for effective implementation of Community Engagement principles
- In the context of physician/researcher and patient/community relationships, identify new assets that exist in community and academic institutions for effective partnership formation
- Build capacity in education around community engagement to enrich community and academic experiences in healthcare, research, and partnership formation while diminishing health disparities
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.