ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This series of capacity building and learning opportunities, will provide physicians, researchers, community members, and medical students with information, best practices, and strategies for being community engaged. Sessions are planned with community partners, MCW faculty, and student input. Each session is designed to improve trust and relations between community and academics/physicians in hopes of reducing disparities in healthcare and improving practices in healthcare and research.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Given the current health disparities present in Wisconsin, differentiate the requirements of community and academic members for effective implementation of Community Engagement principles
- In the context of physician/researcher and patient/community relationships, identify new assets that exist in community and academic institutions for effective partnership formation
- Illustrate connections between CBPR, CEnR and current health research projects to implement purposeful healthcare research
- Build capacity in education around community engagement to enrich community and academic experiences in healthcare, research, and partnership formation while diminishing health disparities
Course Director: Syed Ahmed, MD, MPH, DrPH, FAAFP
Rayna Andrews, Sr. Director of Community Impact, Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
Jennifer Ovide, RN, BSN, Community Medicine Clinical Coordinator, All Saints Family Health Center
Pastor Daniel Czaplewski (Pastor, Mount Calvary Community Development Corporation)
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):