There are new preoperative evaluations and surgical techniques that need to be disseminated in order to provide best patient care. Teaching physicians need to stay current in all areas of their specialty in order to teach and supervise residents, particularly when on call.
Members of the planning committee determines the M&M Conference topics based on what is the most current and relevant cases in surgery today.
Review of multiple cases that include a variety of complicated cases coupled with the latest literature from peer-reviewed journals will allow continuous performance improvements. Each presenter, whether they are faculty, fellow or residents must justify their performance and clinical judgment particular during the M&M aspect of the conference. A gap may be identified during the discussion which is done in an open peer review format.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
- Genetic Counselors
- Explain the critical issues relating to Complicated Aortic disease within the broader scope of the American Health Care.
- Review the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and/or treatment of various Vascular and Endovascular disorders.
- Discuss the current changing aspects/newer approaches to Vascular and Endovascular Disease that include the Aortic.
- Discuss the effect of Vascular and Endovascular Disease and other aspects of a patient's general health
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
Silk Road Medical
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.